An interesting Wired article anticipates one of SIOM’s goals for this year and the years to come, which is to build a Manifesto of the Sustainable Future made up of several fundamental and concrete actions to become a circular company with a green heart.
These are the 10 key points:
- Pro-disassembly design: the product must be designed with the entire life cycle in mind, including the final stage where, in order to recycle its components, it must be disassembled;
- Use of secondary raw materials;
- Recovery of production waste;
- Sustainably designed production cycles, aiming at energy self-sufficiency;
- Packaging minimized and easy to recover and reuse;
- Low-impact distribution, to be done with sustainable;
- Resource- and emission-saving deliveries;
. More traceability and transparency;
- Use of technology to save resources;
- Approach that takes into consideration the welfare of present and future generations.
Read the full article: