SDG12: Ensure sustainable models of production and consumption.
We are aware of the growing importance of sustainable resource management and actively commit to contributing to the achievement of Goal 12 of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG12).
Current Context: Increasing Need for Sustainability
Goal 12 aims to ensure the well-being of the population through access to water, energy, and food, while simultaneously reducing excessive consumption of natural resources. With the world population projected to reach 9.6 billion by 2050, resources equivalent to three planets would be needed to meet global employment and consumption needs.
The Key Role of Businesses: Redirecting Production and Consumption Models
As a company, we recognize the fundamental role that businesses play in changing the current model of production and consumption. Therefore, we adopt a series of concrete initiatives to contribute to this change:
- Eco-design and Circular Economy: We implement eco-design processes, complementing our client's product and reducing environmental impacts. This approach is based on key principles such as durability, modularity, reusability, maintenance and repairability, recyclability, dematerialization, efficiency, and the adoption of circular materials. Our goal is to create more sustainable products along the entire value chain.
- Use of Sustainable Materials: We commit to adopting biodegradable, recyclable, or reusable materials, not only in our products but also in the company's packaging. We invest in durable packaging solutions that convey a message of sustainability.
- Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Certificates: Reduction of energy consumption for the production and distribution of products and services; use of sustainability certificates to ensure quality and ethics.
- Reduction of Water Use: Implementation of measures to reduce water use and integration of water resource reuse practices.
- Training and Dignified Working Conditions: Employee training on sustainable production and consumption models, environmental education, and human rights.
- Encouraging Sustainable Production and Consumption: Use of business activities to promote sustainable production and consumption.
- Investments in Sustainable Technologies: Investments in sustainable technologies to improve production models, favoring the use of renewable energies and reducing waste.
- Participation in Courses and Meetings: Participation in courses and meetings to disseminate good practices related to the circular economy, eco-products, and eco-design.
- Sustainability in Business Relationships: Creation of tools for better management and control of the supply chain through ISO 14001 and Carbon Footprint certifications.
- Promotion of Responsible Consumption Culture: Dissemination, through social channels and the website, of the culture of responsible consumption and eco-design.
- Sustainable Design: Towards a Cradle to Cradle Future
Guided by the Cradle to Cradle Approach:
We are aware that 80% of the environmental impact of a product is determined during the design phase. Therefore, we attach fundamental importance to conscious design following the Cradle to Cradle approach.
Eco-design is the key to transforming environmental awareness into tangible action for a sustainable future.